Wednesday 23 September 2015

EDEL MALUD 2015 GOOD WILL MESSAGE

In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, Most Merciful, the Creator of humanity and all things thereof, I bring to my brothers, the Muslim Umma these goodwill messages marking the end of the Holy month of Ramadan.

As a people, God has indeed been faithful to us despite our diverse faiths. It cannot be oversight for God to have created us Christians, Muslims and even traditionalists living together. I consider this as litmus test of our faiths in Him as Almighty, otherwise can anybody explain this mystery? It is therefore incumbent on all to demonstrate Attributes of love and compassion for fellow humans lest we fall short of God's original mission for Creation.

Personally, I have a concerned for current challenges facing Muslim Umma in Nigeria especially the scourge of insurgency marauding with Islamic image to perpetuate criminality. So many innocent lives have been lost to atrocities of a group whose obscure mission is incomprehensible. I shared with Mr President the sentiments that "you cannot be killing innocent people at the same time shouting Allahuakar! It is either you are not a Muslim or you don't know what you are doing". It is time we separate the grains from chafes, by rally round the government to expose this monumental hypocrisy. Where is it written that shedding blood with crude fanfare is the definition of jihad? what is Islamic about killing innocent people including fellow Muslims with suicide attacks? When mosques are attacked yet the claimed is that it is a jihad, then what is the intension? convert the Muslims to what?

My limited understanding is that once a person subscribed to the five pillars of Islam he is a Muslim, all other things are processes of knowledge which the Quran enjoin Muslims to "search for knowledge as far as Sigh". The foundation of Islamic traditions is built on knowledge. "Ikhar", an Arabic word for "recite" was the first revelation by the angel of God in the Cave of Hira to the Messenger of God, Mohammad Ibn Abdullah, pbuh. It was recorded thus :

" At length, unexpectedly, the Truth (the angel) came to him and said, "Recite." "I cannot recite," he (Muhammad [pbuh]) said. The Prophet [pbuh] described: "Then he took me and squeezed me vehemently and then let me go and repeated the order ‘Recite.’ ‘I cannot recite’ said I, and once again he squeezed me and let me till I was exhausted. Then he said: ‘Recite.’ I said ‘I cannot recite.’ He squeezed me for a third time and then let me go and said:

   "Read! In the Name of your Lord, Who has created (all that exists), has created man from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood). Read! and your Lord is the Most Generous.’" [Al-Qur'an 96:1-3]


There is a great treat to Islam by extremists which requires serious concerns by all. As Alhub kitaab, men of the revealed Scriptures, I stand with my brothers in this period of great trial where criminality is trying to upsurge religious practices. May Almighty God reconcile them to His way, amen. 

This year's celebrations is taking place with me out of the country. It will be recalled that I stepped out with stress challenges that resulted in Blood pressure fluctuations. Indeed, I was medically guided to alter my environment to secure good rest for effective medications. I left on the 9th July 2015 and currently in California USA, where my friend has taken sole responsibility of my medical bills, upkeep and accommodation. Even though we are not related, he has done to me what my brother could not have done, if at all I had one. It was quite challenging when I arrived but glory be to the Most High, there is wonderful improvements. I will soon return home by the Grace of God. 

I urge you all to continue to pray for me. Also I pray God to reward every one of you abundantly for the show of concern and love. May God continue to guide Mr President as he takes on the task of fixing our Country. 
Garkuwa is okay and saying happy Sallah to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment